Your support is essential
‘Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to include all living creatures, the whole of nature and its beauty’ – Albert Einstein.
That is what we seek in El Hogar Animal Sanctuary, a world where compassion is a daily theme, where all living beings are united with the same goal: that ALL of them survive.
To be able to carry out efficient work and offer a second opportunity to many animals, we rely on you. Surely you have something in your house that you don’t use anymore and you are ready to throw it out; don’t do it! Contact us because we might need it.
Below we have a list of the things that we need at the moment. For any queries, don’t hesitate to contact us by writing to: [email protected]
- Fresh fruit and vegetables (we always need these)
- Chestnuts or acorns (if you can collect them from your area or on your walks)
- Hay, alfalfa or oats on the stem (or a financial donation to buy them, as we are all out this month and we have to buy food for the large animals urgently)
- Baby food cereal mix without honey (in any large supermarket)
- Malt for cats
- An oxygen concentrator
- Dertrase ointment
- Adhesive bandages
- Microchip reader
- Serum stand
- Veterinary furniture (now we have space to create a good clinic in the sanctuary and we will need a scales, cupboards, tables, isolation cages…) and material such as an otoscope, microscope, surgery lamps, bag valve mask/Ambu bag…
List of common needs
- Atopica 100 mg
- Atopica 50 mg
- Chlorhexidine gel
- Joint protectors for dogs
- Adhesive bandages
- Omeprazole 10mg and 20mg
- Latex gloves
- Nappies or liners
- Previcox for large dogs
- Traumeel tablets/ traumeel cream
- Vegan meat from Benevo, Yarrah, Vegusto
- Vegetable or legume baby food (without ingredients of animal origin)
- Green leafy vegetables (spinach, lettuce, chard, lamb’s lettuce, rocket…)
- Baby food porridge mix (without honey)
- Baby food fruit porridge mix
- Pasta to cook
- Grains: corn, millet, birdseed, wheat, barley
- Floor cleaner
- Washing-up liquid
- Window cleaner or multipurpose cleaner
- Small/medium bin bags
- Rolls of kitchen towels
Compassion is empathy in action, that is, the complete desire to connect with each other and respond to the necessities of all those who need us most.
A better world is possible! Will you build it with us?